Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Childhood games...

I was strongly reminded of the game 'Pepsi Cola' that my siblings and I used to play with our friends when I saw this group of children playing it in the neighbourhood today. Their childish laughter and the simple joy of being able to step on another player's toes made me feel... warm and goo-ey. LOL. But it was worth it. The simple pleasures of childhood, eh? Where there was no such thing as race, religion, no awkwardness between genders, just pure joy, innocence and friendship in the company of others.
I know I've been neglecting my blog... but there's not much to blog about really. Life is good rest and relaxation back home. Which is actually the main point of having holidays, I feel. Heh.
Anyway, this is a little late, but HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Welcome, 2009! May it be one of blessings, LOL.

3 comments:

kohila said...

OH LOL i remember that game. led to a whole lot of unnecessary cleaning of white shoes. fun though, hahaha. i remember using chalk to cover up the dirt, LOLOLOLOL.
and that other game where you run from pole to pole without getting caught. pole-tag?? what. i don't know. LOL.

christina said...

haha. pole tag! that was a really random/weird game. the games we play. haha. always getting scolded for soiling the shoes. ingenious idea really, using chalk. should have thought of that. and all the attempts at cheating. lol.

kohila said...

LOLOLOL. i remember having clean shoes in the morning before going to school but it all goes down the drain after recess LOL. my brother was the worst one. came back with mud brown shoes everyday LOL. also, smelly as heck.
we also used to climb trees in school, but that was short-lived, after we got into trouble with a teacher LOLOL.