Monday, March 21, 2011

Last Friday was a day of lectures back on campus. And I realised that while I enjoy hospital rotations as a taste of life as a doctor, I also miss the days of campus shenanigans, when we could all sit and have lunch together and chat, relax, recharge with coffees and just be a student through and through. It was refreshing, even if the content could have been much improved. =D It also made me realise how much I whined on this blog in 2008, when I was in 2nd year, about the schedule of lectures and tutorials and what I thought were early starts.

3 comments:

*jeSSicA* said...

yea it's so different to have lunch on the campus centre floor and in the hospital..

Anonymous said...

Hiya, I came across your blog accidentally from good ol' Google and this post caught my eye. I'm a 2nd year med student right now, and it's hard enough getting up for 8am lectures - does it really get much worse? XD

christina said...

hey drakulya, i can't really say whether it'll be better or worse for you individually, but when you start placements in hospitals, the normal start time is 8am, and if you're on a surgical rotation, ward rounds start at 7am. the upside to it is that you'll be able to see how a ward works, examine real patients and it is a lot more fun than lectures and tutorials. so i guess that while the starts are earlier, the excitement is also greater. =D hope it helps!