Friday, February 6, 2009

Melbourne and clinical placements...

So I've been back in Melbourne for a week now... Classes have started and I start with a cardiothoracic surgery unit rotation next week. Which means I have to revise the CVS Hx and Ex, as well as the anatomy of the heart and its associated vessels and interpretation of ECGs. Had a nursing shift today - made beds, took obs and BSLs. Paid for my ID and the locker and had a walk around the hospital. Learnt where I can get free coffee and how to search for imaging and path results. Then back home.
Mummy and Papa flew in with me on Friday. Unfortunately that was in the midst of the heat wave and the temperature topped at 45 degrees. Original plan was to bring them to City during the weekend and then sign them up for the Great Ocean Road tour, but because of the weather conditions, those plans were scrapped. So we went to Queen Vic, Swanston Street and the Melbourne Central and Flinders Street stations. And they're confident in navigating Clayton by public transport now. They flew back on Wednesday. =( Miss you guys loads...

2 comments:

Mayc said...

LOLZ. CVS is my favourite system.. Coz the pharmacology regarding it is the simplest of all systems (not taking into account arrthymia of course). But I'm always glad coz I don't need to interpret boring stuff like ECGs. LOLZ.

kohila said...

so busy already, gambatte! good luck with the rotation =) i'm sure it'll be very interesting.HAHA, free coffee = sustenance.