Sunday, February 22, 2009

Realisations anew...

In life, there will always be moments where you feel broken, and the people who would piece you back are not by your side. When homesickness assaults your senses and it seems like your private world is crumbling down because of the darkness gnawing at your heart. When the loneliness gets too much to bear, especially at times that bring words like 'home' and 'family' to mind. It's always the pain of fresh separation that gets to me the most - the transition from the comfort zone of being surrounded by loved ones to the hectic schedule of studies.
But it's times where I'm at my most vulnerable that I am struck by how much I have been blessed to have a God who loves me so much. Because I know the reason I made the choice to leave home is based on what I stand to gain from it - opportunity, new experiences, a pathway to all things bigger and better in life... but the reason my King left His home was to save self-centred people like me. That He chose to suffer in order that I get to live. That it was not what He stood to gain that was the impetus for the decision, but what He could do for us. That He stepped into a world foreign to Him, to be an alien, such that we are saved.
How selfless is His love for us?
For an undeserving me?
It puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
John 3:16-17

No comments: