Saturday, May 16, 2009

Thoughts...

Silence is golden.

Except when there's injustice.

And a friend is at the losing end of it.

What would you do if there was an opportunity to speak up?

To act out?

I really wouldn't know what I would do.

Self preservation is a trait I am guilty of having.

Even if the circumstances rankle and rile me up.

I have not been in such a situation yet.

But I have thought about it.

And although the course of action should be easy, because really, the decision shouldn't be difficult, I find myself conflicted.

So what would you do?

* * *

In the end, we remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

2 comments:

kohila said...

you care for your friends too much to ignore injustice =)

christina said...

thanks, dear... =) i learn from u. =)