Friday, May 1, 2009

Update... finally. =)


For every recollection of him that involved a bullet or a scream, she would have a hundred others: of a little boy splashing in a pond, or riding a bicycle for the first time, or waving from the top of a jungle gym. Of a kiss good night, or a crayoned Mother's Day card, or a voice off-key in the shower. She would string them together - the moments when her child had been just like other people's. She would wear them, precious pearls, every day of her life; because if she lost them, the boy she had loved and raised and known would really be gone.
-Jodi Picoult, in Nineteen Minutes-

The excerpt above really haunted me in its beauty and the depth of the emotions conveyed. The sorrow of a mother's loss. The desperation in just holding on to the fragments of a life lived just so that the child will be remembered. The resemblance of normalcy before catastrophe struck. I'd recommend the book to anyone who loves to read.

I've been neglecting my blog lately. Sorry! It's been more than a month since I updated. LOL. In the meantime, I've been to Easter camp aka OC, enjoyed a restful Easter break, watched neurosurgery (deep brain stimulation), attended a wedding, attempted cannulation on a poor fifth year medical student and had cannulation done on me. =) Oh and I also broke my comb into two pieces: one with the teeth and the other, the handle. While I was combing my hair. Sigh...


2 comments:

kohila said...

she writes great books, picoult. although they are really sad =(

had to google cannulation. And, OUCH. sounds painful.

LOL at the comb. how did that happen?

christina said...

i love picoult. especially my sister's keeper and nineteen minutes. i always wonder about the if only-s and the what-might-have-beens.
haha, cannulation wasn't that bad, although i do have a bruise on my hand atm. =)
haha, i don't even know with the comb. all i know is that one moment i'm combing my hair, the next, i'm holding the handle and the teeth are stuck in my hair. lol.