Monday, February 8, 2010

Resuscitation...

So I've been walking around like an old lady (or at least I think I do) because of my backache, but other than that, everything's been normal. Started my first day on the children's and adolescents' psych ward. It's a very different experience compared to the more traditional, conservative, stereotypical wards. There are no ward rounds and the boundaries between the many health providers available are not as clearly delineated as in, say, the cardiology ward or any of the surgical wards. There are various inpatient services provided and the way they manage the teenagers is through what they term 'milieu therapy'. It's thought provoking because while it's not as 'medicine' as what one may expect, it cannot be denied that it works with the target population. So Afrah and I sat in on one of the interviews the consultant conducted and then joined in the group activities that formed part of milieu therapy. Had a tutorial and was back home at 3pm, which is good because it's early, but not-so-good in that I'm in my room when it feels like an oven due to the setting sun's rays. Passed Ivy her preserved plums as well. =)
Met up with Sharon, Yi Xin, Celine and Cass for dinner to catch up. It's been quite a while since we all sat down and had a meal together. I think the last time we did something like this was in the first half of 2009, when Jia Chee was still around. We reminisced about first year and Farrer and Jia Chee for a bit. They left to watch a movie (which Sharon insisted on watching because George Clooney is in it) and Wan Jie and I got Hello Pandas and came back home.
Been listening to 21 Guns by Green Day and Mad World by Adam Lambert. Haha. Unsure if they're good choices though, as to me, they have a slightly depressing feel to them. And I'm on my psych rotation at the moment. Transference? Sigh.

2 comments:

*jeSSicA* said...

Hello Pandas?

christina said...

Yup, these really yummy chocolate filled biscuits. You should try it. I finished 3/4s of this big jar in a day. LOL.