Sunday, February 14, 2010

Slice of my life...

Happy Chinese New Year, everyone! And Happy Valentine's Day too! =)
Today started at 8.45 for me, as Zhi Lin and I had arranged to go to Springvale to buy groceries. And Calvin hitched a ride from Zhi Lin as well. =) It was a hassle trying to find a parking space in Springvale, what with everyone doing their last minute shopping for the new year and jam-packing all the parking lots. But we managed to purchase all that we needed and left at around noon. We left the steamboat condiments at Calvin's because of the availability of the 8 fridges in the house, and marinated the chicken and pork there as well. Then I came back, had lunch and napped until 4pm.
I fried chicken for the reunion dinner at Chau Wang's, Shea Chuen's, Justina's and Jessica's new place. We had a steamboat and it was really wonderful catching up with everyone else, especially now that everyone's doing a different rotation at a different hospital. And Fi, I wore the grey shirt you gave me, ok? I didn't wear the usual T-shirts I normally sport. And I've got pics to back it up too.
And at around 10, we left for Yun Ying's, Ryan's, Jian's and Ravind's housewarming, where we played Pictionary and lit up sparklers. And Snap as well. Though I was busy eating Cheezels at that time.
All in all, today was not a bad day. Although it lacked the hype of a Chinese New Year celebration back home, it was still great to renew ties with old friends and remember that we may be physically far from home, but we stil carry a piece of it with us, in the way we treasure cultural practices like this. =)
Thanks for hosting us and making this new year away from home as similar to one at home as possible!

No comments: