Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Of hairdos and academia...

First things first: HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEND DEAR! Hehe. It's a turning point in your life, eh? Hehe. Anyway, hope that you are happy and healthy in Sunderland. May all you wishes come true and may God pour out His blessings unto your life. =)
So...
Assignment status: HLSD and remaining optional piece for portfolio left to do. My plan is to finish them by this week. Which might be a challenge, because I have absolutely no idea what to do for the optional piece. Maybe something like 10 things I wish I knew at the beginning of Year 2...? Hmm... creative juices that I may/may not have, please flow!
Anyway, on Saturday, helped Jessica, Nooi Hoay, Li Ping, Ivie and Adilah with their hair for Med Ball. Lol. I had so much fun! I even learnt how to curl people's hair with a hair straightener, of all things, lol. Hehe. And baked cinnamon bread with Wan Jie. It tasted more like cake, but oh well. Cake's pretty delicious after all, so we did not really mind. Heh.
Sunday was church, then I had a headache, so I napped in the afternoon. Woke up and studied anatomy for Monday: Posterior Abdominal Wall. Apparently, because the left gonadal vein drains into the left renal vein which then drains into the inferior vena cava (IVC) compared to the right gonadal vein which drains directly into the IVC, guys' left testicles hang lower than their right ones. Why this is so is currently not substantiated. Lol. See the nuggets of information we get at our anatomy practicals?
It is: 5 weeks to the EOS.
5 weeks and 5 or 6 days to OSCEs.
6 weeks to VIA.

3 comments:

kohila said...

OH YAY I'M HERE XDD
ONLY ABOUT 6 DAYS TOO LATE LOL

LOL at the things you learn during anatomy pracs. LOL. I srsly dropped out of my chair laughing XDD

YUM Cinnamon bread-cake 8D

Hope ur assignments are going well =D

christina said...

hehe, i was also told that when one urinates, the urethra oscillates. imagine that. lol. my tutor said that when he was at uni melb, a coursemate of his actually looked to verify that. guys! lol. =)
YAAAAAYYY! u're here! *grins widely*

kohila said...

oh, really??? OH LOL. i didn't know it oscillates o.O u learn really, really interesting thing leh XDD