Monday, August 11, 2008

Today was not too bad, I think...

I woke up late today, and would have probably missed the 8am lecture if Wan Jie had not knocked on my door this morning. So, thank you! And then, on my way to uni, in the rain, I stepped into this puddle of epic proportions, such that my shoes, socks and legs of my tracksuit were soaked. And I mean literally soaked. Every time I moved a step, I could feel my socks and shoes going 'squish'. So much for keeping my feet warm! Haha. Anyway, had lecture-PCL-lecture before lunch. Went to the toilet during lunch to dry my wet footwear under the automated hand dryer, but it did not make much of a difference. So squished my way to lecture and histo prac. It was not a very comfortable experience, but I survived! Thankfully my day in uni ended at 3, hurrah for that! =)
Got home, checked my mailbox, and what do you know, I got the yellow card telling me I've received a parcel! And guess what that parcel contained?

This:


A hoodie from the UK! All courtesy of one cool sister! It really made my day, I tell you, and all the squishing and walking in the persistent drizzle suddenly seemed waaaay more bearable. =) Thanks a million Fi! Thank you thank you thank you! =) So because my shoes, socks and tracksuit were wet, I did my laundry and washed my shoes. Mundane and dreary much? Welcome to my life, lol! Then cooked pasta and ate a kiwifruit and a pear. Haha. And a few TimTams. Lol.
And as evidence of my growing reliance on coffee, had a cuppa to provide sustenance such that I can last the night. Why oh why did I choose Med again? Sigh... actually, come to think of it, it's not the subject that I dislike, it's the fact that I have to sit exams that I dread.
Ah well, today reminded me that I have a lot that I should be grateful for, good friends who watch out for you and family members who call or send love packages to let you know they care. So thank you Wan Jie, Fi, and Mummy! Love you guys, and to Fi and Mummy, miss you loads...
Signing off now! (And , back to the books!)


5 comments:

*jeSSicA* said...

COOL JACKET!!! =D

christina said...

my sis is cool, no? haha. =)

Dr Yingzangel said...

aaaaaaaaaaa..............so nice......^^

I also want to have a gift!

kohila said...

that's a realllly nice hoodie

*steals*

XD

ouch about the puddle =( must have been very uncomforable to sit through lectures in wet shoes and socks!

TIM TAMS! *craves*

christina said...

my sis is super cool... ne? was so happy! after squishing through the whole day, to receive a gift! and a nice one at that! haha. and yeeeessss! i survived yesterday! in wet shoes and socks no less! woohoo! and yun ying, ask ryan to get you a gift lar. haha. =P