Saturday, August 2, 2008

Week 3 and SPC are OVEEEEERR!!

Okay, recap of what happened this week. On Wednesday, which was day after CBP, I had only 3 hours of class! o_O And hooray for 9am starts! But ended up spending an extra 3 hours practising the SPC presentation in the Anatomy Lab. We had the same lecturer we had on Monday. And he was as scary as ever, asking questions on statistics. And on the hormones involved in menstruation. But I wasn't asked any, so I'm quite happy. =) Haha. And some guys found the fact that menstrual blood doesn't clot to be a revelation. The first 2 lectures were Knowledge Management lectures, ie Theme 2, and the notes for the 2nd one was 23 pages long! It went ok. Had lunch with Ravind, Adilah, Li Ping, Grace, Ivie, Jessica at Cinque Lire. Technically speaking though, I had actually finished lunch by the time Adilah and I realised that the rest were at the cafe. Lol. Talk about absent minded, eh? Chatted about Dark Knight, Heath Ledger and our favourite movies. Haha. Left earlier because I am obsessed about punctuality. I don't like being late. End of story. Haha.
Yesterday was quite an interesting day. Had a Clinical Skills lecture in the morning on how to take a complete reproductive system history. And the lecturer showed us a video of a Pap smear being conducted, and I think the simulated patient was just a tad too enthusiastic about having one. Anyway after that was the SPC presentation which went ok, in my opinion. I had my PCL tutor from last semester evaluating and assessing our presentation and the feedback she gave was positive, so am remaining hopeful for this one. Fingers crossed! Had lunch at Campus Centre and then had a Clinical Skills tute. Went for dinner at Nando's with Yu Wan, Fawn, Sam, Joab, Jocelyn, Ivy, Sophie, Han, Cherlyn, Tiffany and their friend. Zepeng joined us later. Then went to Fawn's to see Dandenong, their white mouse. She's adorable! Wish I remembered to take a picture of her... and then we chatted about weird and random subjects ranging from reproductive history to regrets to our love languages. Basic girl talk, I suppose. But it was good to catch up with them, because aside from care group, we don't basically get to hang out much. At school, we're generally polarised and spend the breaks we have with our own cliques. Which is why I suppose last night was timely. So thanks, Fawn and Yu Wan! Really enjoyed the time shared yesterday. =) And Wan Jie was still up baking really delicious choc chip cookies when I was about to shower. Talked shop for a bit. =) But am glad for the idle chatter. Helps in getting to know the person better, right?
Today, I woke up at 6.45-ish. Sat in front of the heater for a moment to warm up before knocking to make sure Wan Jie's up and making my necessary cup of coffee. Following which, I resumed sitting in front of the heater. Haha. Anyway, went for the Health Promotion tute which started at 8am. But was slightly late because of an unexpected date with the toilet. As the tute was arranged for project purposes, we ended up not really doing anything, so I collected my CLI and we adjourned early. I spent that break with Nobia and Aruna at the Den. We had 2 lectures after that, lunch and PCL. HAHA, the skit in PCL was hilarious. Did my grocery shopping, and cooked chicken curry for care group. Admittedly, the paste comes from the packet though. =P Went for care group where we've just started studying Deuteronomy. And had banana-Mars bar cake for dessert courtesy of Fawn. =)
So here I am. I'll most likely go for Sheryl's steamboat tomorrow night. =) Should be a fun event! =)

2 comments:

kohila said...

i like being punctual too. sometimes i'm unnecessarily early for class LOL.
ROFL the patient too enthusiastic during a pap-smear HAHAHAHA XD it's just too funny XD
OOOH, u cooked chicken curry? how did it turn out?
and banana Mars bar cake sounds yummy =D

christina said...

i know the feeling of being unnecessarily early to class. haha. it's become a running joke now, how i leave wherever i'm at to go to lectures/class early. haha.
it was almost disturbing how the patient was so enthusiastic. she was like going 'amazing' and it was weird. because i think pap smears are not the most comfortable of procedures. but we're supposed to have them done regularly once we turn 21. apparently. haha.
the chicken curry was ok, a bit too salty though. haha. and the banana mars bar cake was yummy. =) no pics though. hehe.