Monday, July 21, 2008

Beginning Week 2...

Had an 8am start and a 6 hour day today, which consisted of lecture-PCL-lecture-lunch-lecture-histology prac . But I was surprisingly awake during all lectures today. Did not feel sleepy, even during the Health Promotion lecture. And I always feel sleepy during HP, or other Theme 2 lectures. Weird eh? Speaking of which, we had a streaker in said Health Promotion lecture today. But I have no idea which faculty he is from, or what cause he is promoting. Which defeats the purpose of streaking, I suppose. Although, he did garner a significant amount of attention, which , for all I know, may have been his sole intention in the first place.
Had lunch with the usual. And discussed the merits of a relationship of the romantic nature. Whereby Jian and Wan Jie attempted to get me a 'boy', so to speak, more so on Jian's part. And me shooting them down whenever possible. Haha. Apparently I am a very cynical person for doing so. And I have very... unusual interests, likes and dislikes. Haha. Note: I do not disagree with them. I think I'm a little weird myself too. Haha.
Am now stuck with a cold and a cough, though I'm not the only one, judging from the chorus one can hear in a lecture theatre, especially one with great acoustics like South 1. Seriously, when one person coughs, it reverberates throughout the whole lecture theatre. I have to apologise for contributing to the cacophony that prevented many from being able to hear the lecturer. Most of the students rushed to the Histo prac to get seats for the 1-3pm session eventhough the 2nd years were already alloted classes. And no one left even when Nigel asked people to leave. Ah well, I suppose that will be the case until Anatomy practicals resume. I can understand why people do not want to wait for the 3-5pm practicals, but sometimes, I feel disgruntled because of that.
Walked back home with Fawn and she told me about what she and Yu Wan did last night/ yesterday. They baked muffins for their apartment complex, left them at the doorsteps of people who weren't in and requested a form to be filled up, stating whether their neighbours would be interested in being their friends. Haha. That's quite random, but cool at the same time. It takes a lot of courage to be the initiator. To take that first step, that very first act on which most people's opinions about you will be formed. The very basis for the image others will have constructed in their minds' eye. Scary, no? I'd be too filled with trepidation to actually see the plan through, if I were in their shoes. Haha. So, I must applaud the 2 of them.
I also received one of the muffins that Fawn baked yesterday. Sort of like a Get Well card because I missed church yesterday. So sweet of them, no? Haha.
Shared some pharmaco stuff with my MISU friends and ate dinner and dessert. Haha. I still have a lot of cabbage in the fridge! Wend, you like cutting cabbage right? Can I just send them over to you? Haha. No carrots though. =P So that's all for now, I suppose. Not too bad a Monday I suppose. =)

3 comments:

kohila said...

OH MY MUFFINS XD

I'D LOVE TO STAY AT THEIR APARTMENT COMPLEX MEMEMEMEMEMEME!

it really does take a lot of guts to be the initiator no? i adore their courage!

*jeSSicA* said...

yummm muffins~~

oh thanks for ur notes!

christina said...

it's scary to take the first step, ne? especially if you're afraid that people may get the wrong idea and think you're crazy or something...

AND IT'S NOT ONLY MUFFINS, BUT CUPCAKES, AND LAST TIME, BROWNIES AND ALL SORTS OF YUMMY BAKED DESSERTS! NO WONDER I'VE GAINED WEIGHT!