Friday, July 18, 2008

Of steamboats and pasta...

My sore throat's better thanks to Wan Jie's honey and panadol. And an early night's sleep. Haha.
Just came back from caregroup. We had a steamboat dinner today, and maybe too much food, because there were lots of leftover vegetables and beef that didn't make it into the steamboat. Haha. But it was good fun. And sorry, Wend, I didn't bring my camera, so no pictures.
I was on reception for Pasta Night. It was quite hectic, especially when we were trying to settle registration and sorting into teams for games, but we made it! However, there was a period of time when the line snaked from the doors of the main dining hall to the stairway in Campus Centre. I was very very tired by the end of Pasta Night though, so I went to bed immediately after I got back. At around ten last night. Early, no? Quite an achievement fo me actually. Haha.
Before Pasta Night, I actually got to catch up with Lionel and Jia Chee. Something I actually haven't been able to do in a while. It was nice to be able to chat with someone about random things. You never know what you may learn from those conversations. Like how bringing food from home isn't quite Singaporean culture, which I can understand or like how The Kitchen in Campus Centre has really delicious but still affordable Danish bread. =)
Also got back my results today. Did ok, but it could have been better. But the process of actually getting the results was... interesting to say the least. Anyway, the second-year students were only allowed to collect their results from 3-5pm today. However, most of our PCLs ended at around quarter past two. So, there was this large group of students waiting near reception at CMHSE which was growing larger by the minute. And then, we were told to clear the area, either by going up the stairs or by leaving CMHSE. So, I left to stand at the bottom of the stairs, along with a group of people. Our rationale was the fact that we were on the stairs, technically speaking. Later, a member of the staff asked the people on the stairs to line up by the reception counter because us obstructing the stairway was a fire hazard. So, I lined up by the counter and waited to get my results. Anyway, as I was waiting, Elaine went up the stairs, and I think the number of people waiting to see their results shocked her. I think if I was in her shoes, I'd be flabbergasted too. We basically formed a line that stretched to the second floor of CMHSE. Haha.
So yeah, my life's pretty boring at the moment. No, scratch that, my life's ALWAYS the same old, same old. Not that I'm complaining though. Haha. What can you expect when one of the most exciting things to happen to me is the whole rigmarole of getting the results? Haha.

No comments: